Monday, May 4, 2015

Removing Slavery from History

It’s been a while since my last blog.  I've been busy and trying to get away from blogging. I do enough writing and talking to do without blogging, but I felt compelled to let my fingers do the walking once again. 

First of all, let me explain.  This blog is about the history of slavery.  I’m speaking about the history in reference to Africans enslaved in America.  It’s bad enough that people descendant from Africa and Slavery are being wiped out or not recognized presently.  But to take us out of the history books is a crock of Bull.  My son is soon to pass to the fourth grade.  

My son is home-schooled and in the process of transitioning to the fourth grade.   I had noticed in his social studies there were several pages in reference to the colonization of America, indentured, servants, Inuits, and the massacre of the several tribes of the “Native Americans.”  There is a very small section in reference to slavery.  Yes; I was appalled.  How dare the school system leave out such an important part in history?  In case everyone has suddenly forgotten the Africans and descendants of Africans endured over five hundred years of hard labor without restitution.  These people are the forefathers of descendants from Africa that were stolen and placed in America. If you are a person of color, you are a part of the reconstruction of America. 

Now, everyone is trying to remove slavery from the history books.   I give my son extra information on a daily basis in reference to slavery. I also give him pertinent information on how and why people are called Black and why people are called White. On Dark Mantis Enterprises website, a person is featured in reference to people descendant from Africa. What we call “Black History” is very much a part of American history. Parents should demand that slavery be an intricate part of student's studies through the entire school year. Thank goodness that I have the mind, spirit and perseverance to teach my son the truth and tell him all that was left out in his home-school social studies in reference to Slavery.

Do you talk to your children about slavery and what it did and the full effect it has on the culture and society of descendants of Africans today?  If you don’t, you should be ashamed of yourself.  The Jewish community discusses the Holocaust.  Descendants of Africa should talk about slavery every single day.  There were several Holocausts that took place since the first, middle and last passage.  If we are eager to teach about the colonization of America, let’s tell the entire history such as facts without glamorization about slavery.

Think about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment